Dance-A-Thon Fundraiser for Greek School
Thank you for participating in the Greek School Dance-A-Thon! Here are instructions and your pledge form to collect donations:
1. HOW DO YOU FIND SUPPORTERS? Supporters are the wonderful people who will make a donation for your participation in the Dance-A-Thon to support future programs for the students. Take some time and make a list of all the people you could ask to sponsor you: family, fans, neighbors, friends, co-workers and family friends.
2. HOW DO YOU ASK FOR PLEDGES? You can ask people to sponsor you lots of ways…ask them in person or call them on the phone or send them an email. Remind people that their donation is completely tax deductible; we will give them a receipt.
3. WHERE DO THE PROCEEDS GO? The funds will go to support various programs for the students such as excursions, etc. All proceeds will be for the Greek School.
4. HOW DO YOU COLLECT YOUR DONATIONS? When your supporter says “yes” they will donate! 1) Ask them to ﬁll out the information on your pledge form or ﬁll it out for them. 2) Find out how
They would like to pay (cash or check). Donations must be collected prior to the Dance-A-Thon! CASH—Place it in a collection envelope, make sure the pledge is entered on the form so you know who gave it to you. • CHECK—They can make the check payable to The Greek Community of Oshawa & District. Then, it goes in the collection envelope, along with their information on the pledge sheet.
5. WHEN DO I TURN IN MY DONATIONS? All donations must be turned in at the start of the DanceA-Thon on May 9 at Greek School.
7. WHAT HAPPENS AT THE DANCE-A-THON? • You’ve collected all of your donations from your supporters. Now, you turn your donations and pledge sheet to your teacher. It is VERY IMPORTANT that your completed pledge sheet is included with your checks and cash, so we know who to thank for the donations. • Now, for the fun part. It’s time to dance! The Dance-A-Thon runs from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the gym. There will be a lot of DANCING!!!!