Scholarships Awarded Annually
The Greek Community of Oshawa & District awards two scholarships annually in March:
(Amounts are subject to change at the discretion of the board)
The Board THANKS Lana Paton (Makris) for her generous donations over the years that have made these scholarships possible.
- To acknowledge the active participation of all students within our region.
- Provide public recognition to our students for their well deserving academic efforts.
- Financially assist and motivate all of our students to excel in their studies.
- Candidates for the scholarship award must be in full attendance of an academic institution (Community College and/or University) the year prior to the year of application (Community College and/or University Graduates are also eligible to apply).
- The Scholarship Award Program does not prohibit students who are enrolled outside of the country.
- Candidates must have achieved a minimum overall seventy (70%) average in the last school year attended (last 2 semesters),
- Priority will be given to candidates who did not receive scholarship the previous year.
- Priority will be given to candidates having involvement in promoting Hellenic Language or Greek Orthodox Religion
Number of Scholarships:
- A maximum of two (2), five hundred dollar ($500.00) scholarships will be awarded and one (1) one-thousand dollar ($1000.00) scholarships.
- Complete application form
- Attach an official transcript (Photocopies will not be accepted).
- Include a 500-750 word essay describing your involvement in promoting Hellenic Language or Greek Orthodox Religion.
Download the Scholarship Application form and submit to the board before February.